Home » Topic » Your FF Adventure (+ other titles) Review HERE!

Your FF Adventure (+ other titles) Review HERE!

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums Ultima Final Fantasy Questions from us to you! Your FF Adventure (+ other titles) Review HERE!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BigAssFlyingWhale 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Joseph DeGolyer
    Keymaster

Review this game!

BigAssFlyingWhale

FF Adventure starts out real strong. The mechanics are fun, especially the switching of weapons to solve puzzles. I like how easy it is to level up and how you get to choose your bonus stat when you do so. The only super annoying mechanic is how NPCs talk to you when you bump into them, so in town you have to desperately try to avoid those fuckers.

The ASK system is completely absurd but delightfully overpowered when “girl” is your companion.

The music, at least on the Gameboy is ass. When you partner with the bard he can change the track that is playing; it just goes from one shit-trumpet to the next. The Gameboy is capable of good music, so I blame the composer.

The story is super-typical JRPG fare, although I did like the part where

SPOILER ALERT

You have to waste Amanda. That’s pretty grim. Overall though, I wasn’t compelled forward by the story.

I got sick of the progression loop about halfway through and gave up. I had fun until then, but I started to get bored of the fetch quest/dungeon crawling gameplay. The Gameboy version was worth trying for me, I’m curious to hear how your feelings differ on the different versions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar