Home » Topic » Xenoblade Chronicles X

Xenoblade Chronicles X

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Branny 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Branny
    Participant

So I decided to start playing this massive game the other day. It’s crazy how large the world maps are and all the crazy crap they threw in there.

Level 40-50 monsters just chilling out in the starting area just waiting for you to come closer.. makes map discovery very hard, running with your low level team trying to avoid these beasts.

Imy enjoying it so far though, the story is kinda barebone. I knew this going in though..

Anyways, might write up a basic review after I beat the game. The post-game superbosses are rather insane from what I’ve heard and require hours of farming to build up to them.

On a sidenote, has anyone ever played XCX?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Branny.

Branny
    Participant

Whoops..
    Could a mod please move this to random. Didn’t mean to post this here.

Will Flores
    Participant

I’ve had this one in the backlog for a while. Still only at the beginning but thinking on jumping back into it soon. Any further impressions since this post?

Branny
    Participant

I’m taking a break, played it for like 10 hours last night.

My only complaint so far was they have some missions that lock you into the questline. The quest I stumbled my way into was super boring so I decided to switch to the main story quest and couldn’t. Had to complete a long assume fetch quest to escape. Horrible

Also, the game doesnt hold your hand at all, which is nice.. at first. It basically just drops you into this huge game without explaining anything. The class system, skills and arts are never explained. I can see it being very difficult for alot of people. I had to look up a guide on how to build up my party members and what armors they use.

Will Flores
    Participant

Dang, will have to watch out for those missions. That’s what I seem to recall as well, when I was last playing the game I still wasn’t very clear on the mechanics of everything. Last game I went through was Star Ocean, so the openness of Xenogears is going to be very appreciated. Will probably do the same and look at some guides before hand. Don’t feel like wandering around in the dark at the moment.

Branny
    Participant

I just learned that a lot of those missions have to be completed to progress the story. Yay..

Not all bad, but it forces you to remove party members to take on said missions. So I had to remove my support and tank cause the game wants me to use a bunch of dps.. for the plot!

Shinryu
    Participant

Yeah the game is huge I played for like 12 hours and I need to get back to it.

Branny
    Participant

I’ll add you if you get back into it. I’m a duelist. I really love melee builds, so using a big sword was on point for me.

Branny
    Participant

Slowly chipping away on the story. I finally reached the point where you get your giant mech, the Skell! Had to do a really long, boring quest chain.. but now I have my very own robot to fly around this godforsaken planet.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Branny.

Alastor
    Participant

I fucking loved Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii/3DS, yet this has SO many step backs it absolutely frustrates me because the combat and world is just so much better.

‘Little’ things like, party members (and yes, there are a lot which is part of the problem) not staying with you then going into reserve like in Chronicles (even though you HAVE reserve SLOTS) but instead back to where they came from, so if you want to mix and match, you will have CONSTANTLY find them and recruit them ecery fucking time.

There’s also a lot of stupid ass restrictions on missions and side missions that feed back into this by restricting who you can bring along, so if it’s not thep erson then you have to fuck them off knowing you’ll have to get them back personally again later…if there’s much point, since there a LOT of ‘Lin/and the-girl-who-keeps-joking-about-eating-tatsu’ missions so it almost feels like there’s no point using anyone else.

As was pointed out earlier, you get locked into missions, this is fucking stupid and regressive because some of them are nasty if you aren’t expecting them, like ‘gather X of this’, I hope whoever thought of this gets dragged out into the street and shot in the face.

I though I’d be on board for a more open world Xenoblade at the expense of story, it’s not like Chronicles’ story was amazing but wow, the story and characters here are fucking awful. It’s no exaggeration to sy that that little girl will make jokes about eating Tatsu in every single scene she’s in, everyone is so..boring, no ‘Reyn Time!’ or Dunban being super dramatic or anything, the customizable MC (has anyone ever felt a blank slate character in a game ever represented them?) has nothing on Shulk.

But the combat is amazing, the world is the open world of the generation (and a better look than XIV’s ‘real world) imo but they stop you from having fun every five minutes.

Those Skell’s tho!

Branny
    Participant

The skells are indeed very awesome indeed, I have 4 so far. Already working on the Ares 90.

I’ve since gotten used to the fact that you can’t use any character you want. The story missions make you use Lin and Elma for everything, so I’ve just accepted it and look forward to postgame to try the others.

At first I found the fact that I have to round up my team on the map instead of just having a nice party menu very annoying. But I know where everyone is now and just accept it.

I’ve been playing a lot of open world rpgs lately and I do enjoy this world alot. It has an insane amount of activity going on everywhere, making it truly feel very alive. Exploring it was very enjoyable and still have a lot to find.

The characters are kinda boring, no denying it. I knew my character would be silent, but I hoped my other characters would feel the silence. They really are lacking.. if it wasn’t for the amazing combat, I’d have shelved this game forever.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Branny.

Branny
    Participant

I finally beat the story. Now begins the grind to defeat the superbosses and best gear.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar