Home » Topic » WTF happened to pg-13 – a video I stumbled on youtube.

WTF happened to pg-13 – a video I stumbled on youtube.

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums Miscellaneous! Movies WTF happened to pg-13 – a video I stumbled on youtube.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Shinryu 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

GantyRose
    Participant

SO its a little long at just under 20 minutes but it goes over the history of the pg-13 rating and how in modern movies studios cutting movies to reach that rating and how it can ruin a film and some reasons why the ratings system needs and overhaul.

What did you think about the video?

Will45591

Interesting, hopefully if things stay on the decline for movies they’ve edited content for to fit that rating studios will change their ways.

Joseph DeGolyer
    Keymaster

I haven’t paid attention to ratings for a long time… I’ve used the imdb parents guide for any decisions regarding whether or not my nieces can be in the same room while I watch something. Still, this is pretty well-known and the mpaa has needed an overhaul for a long time. Hey, at least the U.S. doesn’t have state censorship… I’d rather have the mpaa.

Shinryu
    Participant

I remember this video. I agree. PG-13 up until the late 90s early 2000s would be movies that could almost be R rated.
    Nowadays you hardly see PG movies anywhere and everything is PG-13 and PG-13 now is very VERY tame for films and we now get soft R rated movies. PG-13 has become the new PG and you barely see anything G or PG anymore unless its animated movies.

The whole MPAA system is messed up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar