Home » Topic » Why are some adult gamers so socially awkward? (E3 example)

Why are some adult gamers so socially awkward? (E3 example)

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums [Nude]Clan Questions for the Show Why are some adult gamers so socially awkward? (E3 example)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aforextreme 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Shinryu
    Participant

Andrew WK (I hope you guys know who this is) was at E3 and performed Ready to Die and the crowd acted like Shania Twain was up there and just sat around bewildered nodding awkwardly.

Now I dunno about you guys but if I was there I would have been thrashing my head around.
    So why are some people like this?

#28964 Reply

D-Rom0826

I think you got it backwards. I think the context of this performance was pretty awkward and out of place. Its a video game showcase event, not a concert. Also, keep in mind that a lot of those people in the audience are journalists and they are there on assignment, working. It would look pretty unprofessional if they were jumping around and thrashing, especially if they are there on their company’s dime, representing them.

#28986 Reply

Shinryu
    Participant

@D-Rom0826

You say that but have you seen how journalists act when they go report on a Metallica concert or something?

#29021 Reply

abrack
    Participant

There’s nothing awkward about sitting there stoically during shitty music you weren’t expecting.

#29049 Reply

Shinryu
    Participant

@abrack doesn’t like to party hard 😀

#29059 Reply

Aforextreme
    Participant

I love Andrew WK and I think Ready to Die is a good fit for what they’re going for with Rage 2, but yeah, I totally wasn’t expecting them to play the entire song live before any real gameplay was shown.

Alternatively, judging by the current climate that game journalists have made for themselves, they’re not allowed to have fun, ever.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Why are some adult gamers so socially awkward? (E3 example)
Your information:

Skip to toolbar