Home » Topic » Wheel of Time

Wheel of Time

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  FeliciaNoMiko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

metunnica
    Participant

Ok this pops up a lot on the Geekdom network so I thought I claim the first hog on this.

I have finished all the books including the prequel (FYI don’t read the prequel until your around books 9-10 due to spoilers) I finished the series last year so can’t claim super hog points but i want bragging rights!

Anyone else able to claim the Wheel Hog?

kcraigf
    Keymaster

I certainly can claim this hog. I have finished the series 3 times and I also have read the prequel.
    I’m the one that brought the wheel of time to Cameron and Joe.

Branny
    Participant

I remember you talking about WoT years ago on the original forum. I still haven’t finished the series, only on book 3.

I’m still working on the name of the wind and might start my Robert Jordan series if nothing new catches my eye. I still need to finish my Diablo Sin wars trilogy. I have a bad habit of reading too many books at the same time.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Branny.

Battman2J
    Participant

I’m on Book 4… getting there though!

kcraigf
    Keymaster

Only ten to go battman haha.

Branny
    Participant

Right? Lol
    That man was a writing monster

Battman2J
    Participant

For the guys that have finished the series…does it keep getting better or does it get worse? I’m liking the flow so far but I’m not sure how the story can keep up.

metunnica
    Participant

A lot of people feel it slows down in the middle but I could not put these books down!

The last 5 are epic. I think it was path of daggers when I actually had tears in my eyes it was so emotional!

Keep going Batman the end is worth the grind!

Battman2J
    Participant

Just wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on this, I read it on IGN in April… Robert Jordan’s widow/editor (weird combo…) made this announcement:

“Wanted to share with you exciting news about The Wheel of Time. Legal issues have been resolved. The Wheel of Time will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio.”

Thoughts?

kcraigf
    Keymaster

It has the potential to be amazing depending on the studio. It could also be popular considering game of thrones is nearing its end and people will be looking for a similar show to fill the void.

metunnica
    Participant

Depends if Sean Bean’s involved. And 100% needs Sam Elliott as Thom!

I would like to see it done well like game of thrones but it would be a very long program! Think of how many different characters there are and how many good actors they need to cast. Its a bit of an insane project to be honest.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

They can cut and combine characters like in GoT. Plus they don’t need to do a book per season considering one of the books spans like 11 hours.

FeliciaNoMiko
    Participant

I am in the wrong thread. I read the first book and can’t remember a lick of it. Boring as all get out to me. Maybe I have just read too many other books of this type and can no longer distinguish them or enjoy them. I love my fantasy but this one was boring as mud for me.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

I can see that being a problem, when you read a shitload of fantasy. The wheel of times first book was written to be like Lord of the rings so it would be familiar. From the second one on though it’s not really like other fantasies other than the ones that rip it off haha. (Sword of truth)

FeliciaNoMiko
    Participant

A friend of mine in high school loved it but that was 20 years ago so I have read a LOT of books since then. I read it a year or two ago and it’s just not for me. I can’t do standard High Fantasy anymore, it has to have something really new and interesting for me to get hooked. Even Game of Thrones is not engaging for me, though the show is epic. My husband has read it but I just couldn’t do it. I tried three times and stalled every time a few chapters in. I do love fantasy but I need something a little more off the beaten path these days. I recommend Name of the Wind if you haven’t tried it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar