Home » Topic » What Tales of game would you recommend, and why?

What Tales of game would you recommend, and why?

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums [Nude]Clan What Tales of game would you recommend, and why?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  abrack 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kaleb Schweiss
    Keymaster

We’re interested in the best of. Go nuts!

Shinryu
    Participant

Don’t forget to put up the UFF Question from us to You.

Anyway Tales of Phantasia is my favorite Tales game, its the best Tales game and its the 1st Tales game. Its on SNES and has graphics like FF6. Really good RPG story is not lighthearted, interesting mix of fantasy and scifi. Really good.

Then there is Tales of Symphonia which is considered the FF7 of the Tales games good gameplay, story, music and characters just on the harder side in terms of difficulty.

Tales of Vesperia and Tales of the Abyss are ones that I would recommend people start with since those are like FFX of the series and easier to get into.

Hailblue156
    Participant

I believe this is part of the series but I would check out Tales of Destiny. It’s an older style of game but still a classic on it as well.

TakuAmazuki

looks like Shinryu has the gist of it down. Definitely the top favorites that are most commonely spread are Tales of Phantasia, Tales os Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Vesperia.

Tales of the Abyss is my absolute favorite. Lots of fleshed out characters, combat is simple yet provides enough to keep experimenting with what you’re given. world is really interesting. Has some of the best tracks in the series. Just overall really great.

If i had to recommend another Tales for you to go after i would either say Tales of Destiny or Tales of Vesperia. I say this cause i want to break you in and let you know what to expect from a tales game so that you may enjoy Tales of the Abyss to it’s fullest if that ever happens.

Hailblue156
    Participant

Do I smell the makings of a new podcast show for the guys?? I am sure it would have to be something with Cameron playing them and him freaking out every turn while the guys poke fun at him.

immortal142

The first game in the series that I played was Tales of Symphonia on the GameCube. After that I began to look into the Tales series more, to date I’ve beaten Symphonia, Phantasia, Xillia 1&2, Zestiria, & Graces F. I plan to attempting to beat all of them. My favorite is Symphonia, although most of them have been good (I’m not a fan of the PS3 games). Currently I’m playing through Vesperia and Destiny.

abrack
    Participant

I haven’t played it but I see a TON of praise for Vespers, probably more than any other.

I have played at least a few hours of Tales of Symphonia, Xillia, Xillia 2, and Zesteria. The first Xillia is the only one I liked enough to see to the end, that’s the one I would recommend from personal experience. I’ve also heard lots of good things about Berseria.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar