Home » Topic » What child character from the series annoys you the least?

What child character from the series annoys you the least?

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums Ultima Final Fantasy Questions from us to you! What child character from the series annoys you the least?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Shouri 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kaleb Schweiss
    Keymaster

And why?

Shinryu
    Participant

Vivi not one thing you can hate about Vivi he is one awesome kid.

Krile at first I thought no one could replaced my man Galuf but she joins up and is pretty cool and is smart and not just some dumb kid. Plus the fact the she looks up to Galuf makes her a cool kid in my book.

Rydia even though she is only a child for a small part of the game

Eiko in FF9 I found her kinda funny like an actual little girl would be plus she he has a sad dark backstory that takes you by surprise and then you understand why she tries to act so happy and carefree all the time.

FeliciaNoMiko
    Participant

Rydia was indeed far less annoying than the newer ones. Of the 3D games, Yuffie is the least annoying. It feels like each new young character gets more annoying as we go. Maybe my tolerance for such crap has thinned as I get older, but gods, the mood swings are so wild and erratic that I just can’t even.

I have to wonder how much of this is cultural and perhaps a symbolic archetype that doesn’t have an analog in Western mythos. I definitely notice that it is a far more prevalent character type in Japanese games and anime than in western games. Even Lollipop Chainsaw, (great game BTW) which has the cheerleader archetype as the main character, has the titular FMC acting more her own age than her Japanese game counterpart. Looking at Japanese character types, the stupid, bouncy chipper kid is just one of an array of character types. Annoying as balls to be sure, but at least it’s not every character.

FatChocobo
    Participant

I would say Larsa but I haven’t finished XII yet and I don’t want to jinx myself. Although he’s naïve he doesn’t come off as overly bubbly and innocent like most kids in the series. Instead, his childish idealism is challenged by various events in the game, such as the death of his father. Crossing my fingers that I don’t regret these words later lol.

Otherwise, probably Vivi. I know Yuffie’s personality is pretty annoying but I enjoyed the side quest in Wutai when she steals your materia and gets kidnapped by Don Corneo.

Gabranth
    Participant

Hope from FFXIII…. jk am I out my mofo mind! lol! Love the game but no way!

I would agree and go with Rydia. A lot of the others are annoying, or well just kids, when we first meet Rydia she’s a beastly little thing that wants vengeance for killing her mother’s dragon. Other’s just to mention; Larsa was great and quite the diplomat, I always liked Gau he reminded me of a human Taz when I was younger, and I didn’t really mind Vaan although I’m in agreement that Basch should have been the main character.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

I would say Penelo. She was far more likable than vaan, and quite the beast with a katana.

Cory

Gau from FF6. His scenes were funny. He wasn’t really involved in the story so he didn’t take away from the game like other child characters have. I am sort of sensitive to stories about kids with douchebag dads. Gau’s dad was a huge douchebag. I also liked the relationship he formed with Cyan.

Stolas
    Participant

@husk what is the age cap that you consider a child character? FFII and FFXI have been omitted due to a lack of official ages.

If we are looking at below ages 13 were looking at starting from FFIII: Alus Restor, Rydia, Palom, Porom, Krile, Relm, Mog, Gau, Vivi, Eiko, and Larsa

If were looking at ages below 18 starting from FFIII: Luneth, Arc, Refia, Ignus (all are 14) Sara Altney (16) Aria Benett (15), Yuffie (16) Squall, Rinoa, Selphie, Irvine, Zell (all are 17), Zidane, Garnet (both are 16),Tidus, Yuna (both 17), Rikku (15), Vaan (17) Penelo (JP 16 NA 17), Reks (17), Hope (14).

Out of all of them, Vivi hands down. I think he is probably one of the best written characters in the main installments. The monologue that he gives at FFIX ending was probably the most emotional that I’ve ever gotten with an FF.

Kaleb Schweiss
    Keymaster

I would consider below 13. Many of the characters in the games are in their late teens, but there’s usually a noticeable difference between them and the child characters. IE Selphie vs Krile.

Shouri
    Participant

If it’s not too late already…. I have to say Relm. Yeah she pesters her grandfather a lot, but in a real world context, her power would be worth putting up with her sass in my opinion.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar