Home » Topic » Thoughts on a Hog Status fitness competition?

Thoughts on a Hog Status fitness competition?

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums Miscellaneous! Thoughts on a Hog Status fitness competition?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JayHeltonator 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JayHeltonator
    Participant

I come from a pretty in depth fitness background. I have powerlifting state records, some stupid certifications, and experience running and programming for a crossfit gym (im not a crossfit fanatic). I hold health and fitness in high regard. What do you guys think about having a fitness challenge leading into spring/summer? For anybody interested, I can post workout programming and help with macro nutrient programming (diet). We can get group discussions going about the workouts each day and what people did/ didnt like.

My diet philosophies are the following: A nice mix of carbs, fat, and protein. Once a week, you get the luxury of not tracking anything at all and saying to hell with it all. Preferably on a workout day. Each day you are allowed 2 items that do are processed grains, sugar or any sugar substitute, or dairy. I strongly hate keto diets. They work, but they are not sustainable. We need to focus on healthy eating for life, not for a couple months to drop a few lbs.

JayHeltonator
    Participant

Clarification for Joe, the turd head. I don’t basically suggest the keto diet. Carbs being roughly 30% of your totals calories… Not less than 50g a day. If you want to get that from bread/chocolate/ whatever, go for it. You can still lose weight and not be miserable. The 2 items per day is just a suggestion not a necessity. Only thing I believe is needed is the 5 servings of veggies. I’ve seen that methodology help people drop a ton of weight, keep it off, and still be happy with eating. Including myself, as a formerly very large individual. Keto diet makes my butthurt enough to make a clarification.

Joseph DeGolyer
    Keymaster

Hold on, that may not be a me to diet but it’s still liw carb right? Lots of veggies, fats, and protein is what my diet consists of

Joseph DeGolyer
    Keymaster

1800 calories a day ÷ 3 = 600 calories of carbs. 6 slices of bread = 600 calories = 90 carbs. Still low carb diet. Under 100 carbs is what’s recommended to not spike your blood sugar if you’re diabetic… Just saying, you’re only telling me to add like 50 carbs…

JayHeltonator
    Participant

1800 calories a day? At that point its a low everything diet. I just want to see you guys succeed at all of your goals (Cameron maybe only had a weight related one). Its a better show when you guys are killing goals. I’m not trying to be some elitest guy telling you you’re wrong, just show that you don’t have to cut out everything you love to be healthy.

Joseph DeGolyer
    Keymaster

1800 was more easily divisible by 3…

JayHeltonator
    Participant

I respect that. Easy math is always the better route

JayHeltonator
    Participant

Also, 100% why you’re my favorite host. Life is boring without red personalities. If i didnt already agree with most of what youve stated about your political stances, Id come at you like a spider monkey. haha

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar