Home » Topic » The wrong way

The wrong way

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JayHelton 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

metunnica
    Participant

After playing the FF games did you realise when you were a kid you basically played the game wrong?

I know Joe plays them all wrong but my example is FF7.

You guys kept saying the game was easy but disputes several play throughs in my youth I remember it being really hard. I was basically playing the game wrong. Everyone was my tank and healer. Everyone had well levelled cure/fire/hp plus etc but everyone was the same and I never paid attention to the stat changes when equipping materia.

Have you had a similar exp when replaying any of the games?

Nox@night88
    Participant

I don’t have a specific game example, but I almost never used “buff” or “debuff” spells and abilities as a kid. I didn’t understand the purpose behind things like “haste” and “slow,” especially for the earlier FF games.

As I’ve gotten older, my play-throughs are much easier when I “buff” my characters and “debuff” the enemy.

Raistlin Mustaine

I probably played them wrong but I would always spend hours grinding anyways so games like FF7 and Tactics were easy.

abrack
    Participant

I never truly learned about the importance of buffing and debuffing until I got into the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series.

I also rarely used any magic or summons, always feeling like I needed to save my MP. Even during boss fights.

And, my ultimate shame, first time I beat FF7 and FF8 it was with a GameShark. Not because they were too hard, but instant OPness and infinite money was too enticing for young-me. I have beaten FF7 legit too, but I never played FF8 again.

JayHelton
    Participant

Every game I played up until i was like 12 was played wrong, including a butt ton of final fantasy games. X comes to mind though. I remember never knowing how to use the grid sphere and just being random AF with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar