Home » Topic » The Devil's Kitchen

The Devil's Kitchen

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Battman2J 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Branny
    Participant

Hello and welcome to my sinful blog of culinary delights!

Within this decadent thread I will be sharing all of my creations in the kitchen. I know quite a few of you are heavy advocates of healthy diets and proper eating.

But you can’t have a Ying with a Yang.

So check in for my daily/weekly or whenever when I post my delectable delights.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Branny.

Branny
    Participant

Here we have something simple.
    The bone-in chicken was seasons with salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder and then layed with a baked crumble.

cooked for 20 minutes and then flipped and baked for another 20.

The yellow rice was cooked by my partner.

I also had a small bowl of sweet peas that didnt make the photo.

yum!

banedrom
    Participant

As someone who consumes and loves food with an unparalleled passion, I look forward to following this thread. That looks awesome. How did it turn out?

I love the grains. All of them. Wild rice, quinoa, cous-cous. They pair with basically any protein.

Branny
    Participant

It was very tender, the flavor was lacking a bit cause I didn’t let the seasoning set long enough. But the breaded crust was crunchy and had a bit of a kick from the fresh black pepper I threw in. Overall the chicken was really good.

The yellow rice was also very delicious, I didn’t make it though. I like my yellow rice to be a Lil hard when I eat it as a side. I usualay end up with mushy rice when I cook it, so I let some else prepare it. Lol

A very simple but enjoyable meal. Very common for my mother to cook this when I was growing up. Living in the south usually means lots of chicken either deep fried or oven baked.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Branny.

LightSage89
    Participant

I wish I could cook like my mother or sister. They are both pretty talented and inventive cooks. I can’t cook anything unless I’m following a recipe. And even then I can still mess up. I love eating, though. I will definitely follow this thread.

That chicken looks really good.

Branny
    Participant

I learned alot from different members of my family and I’ve worked in quite a few kitchens in past few years. It’s currently hobby at the moment.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Branny.

Shinryu
    Participant

And this is why Branny is awesome

Joseph DeGolyer
    Keymaster

How many carbs is that? Haha

Battman2J
    Participant

Slow Cooked Chinese Pork Shoulder

My Dinner yesterday, cooked for 6 hours and served over home made vegetable fried rice:

Slow Cooked Chinese Pork Shoulder

Dark Soy Sauce
    Dark Brown Sugar
    Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
    Scallions
    Shitake Mushrooms
    Garlic
    Ginger
    Chinese Five Spice
    Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
    3 lbs Pork Shoulder

Battman2J
    Participant

Curses!

Image not visible!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar