Home » Topic » Superhero movies.

Superhero movies.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Alastor 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

kcraigf
    Keymaster

Alright so by now some of you must have checked out our blogs, and you’ve probably seen my hate towards Batman vs Superman. So what do you guys think of the movie? What do you think it means for the future of superhero movies? Now that Suicide Squad has bad reviews this doesn’t sound good for the future of the DCMU.

Branny
    Participant

I don’t think the DCMU has much of a future.
    the batman movies is probably the only chance they have at this point. He still such a iconic character and very interesting to watch. Superman honestly hasn’t been very well received in this generation. The 80’s flicks were good for the time but now ithat doesn’t seem they know how to use him. Superman is super and I guess that makes it hard for screen writers to come with decent plots.

Wonderwoman has a future, maybe. She’s a super intriguing character but so easy to fuck up.

The problem with SS from what I gather is too many characters and not enough time to properly flesh them out. That and a super weak villain. How do you fuck up with your Joker!? It’s frustrating for me to even think about it. It’s the fucking joker!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Branny.

Branny
    Participant

I think it’s also important for me to mention that I’m not comic buff, at all.

I did however grow up with all the 80’s and 90’s superhero movies and shows. So I have a basic grasp on the characters but not enough to have a real heated debate on anything outside ofor the movies.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

Yeah I don’t have much faith left for the DC movies right now. Zack Snyder really was the wrong choice to setup the universe for the movies.

Shinryu
    Participant

Batman v Superman (extended cut) is my favorite Batman movie since the original Michael Keaton batman film.

Its a great movie and I’m a huge DC and Batman fanboy and I really loved it. Great film all around.

DC movies > Marvel movies and I have very high hopes for the future.

Branny
    Participant

I’m a big Batman fan but I honestly have no interest in the DCMU. I’m far more invested in Marvel and the characters in that universe.

To each their own, of course.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

Shinryu I respect your opinion but I highly disagree. Thanks for commenting on the blog entry.
    I feel you Branny boy Warner Bros doesn’t really seem to care about their movies if they’re giving the job to setup their movie-verse to a guy who doesn’t give two shits. I don’t have a lot of hope either.

Battman2J
    Participant

Glad to hear I have so many fans…

But seriously, I haven’t watched BvsS, nor will I ever. I feel a certain connection to the Batman character, and then the RUIN it by casting Ben Fucking Afleck!? Are you serious!? That’s the worst decision since George Clooney! I’d rather watch cats eat their own shit than watch Ben Afleck as Batman!

…sorry, got carried away. Rant over.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

Ben Afleck is actually the best part about that movie even though they took a very wrong approach to the character.

Cory

The first time I watched it I thought Batfleck was great. Not so much the second and third time though. Batman hates guns and Batman doesn’t kill.

My favorite thing about the movie is Wonder Woman. She was great and her music was great. But, she really has no reason to be in the movie. It is really only by coincidence that she is even there.

My least favorite part was when Lois Lane threw the Krypton spear in the water and then almost died trying to get it back. It made her character look week and stupid. the only reason for the scene was to make sure Superman got the spear to kill Doomsday and to have a goodbye scene with Lois.

Cory

No spoilers.
    Should I see Suicide Squad in theaters or wait until it comes out on video? I have seen very mixed reviews.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

I’m probably gonna try and see it in theaters, then hate myself after.

Shinryu
    Participant

Going to goo see Suicide Squad this weekend probably.

FeliciaNoMiko
    Participant

Suicide Squad was alright, but missed the mark IMHO. And I was not a fan of this Joker.

Alastor

Wonder Woman is here, and she’s here to save the DCMU.

Just seen the film, it’s actually good, I place the credit almost entirely on Gal Gadot as Women Woman, she’s probably the most likable superhero ever, she has the selflessness of Captain America (though I’d say even moreso), the fierce warrior instincts of Thor but I think she portrays the humanity of a superhero better than anyone, she’s outraged when an Army General suggests Soldiers are expendable, despite her big mission she has the time to stop and worry about the little people and I think Gadot shows this sometimes just in how she looks.

“But Alastor, I don’t give a shit about that arty farty nonsense”

That is a shame, but luckily for you the action sequences where Wonder Woman, the same selfless, empathetic woman I just described, beats the SHIT out of Nazis is pretty sweet, I hate DCMU fight choreography and camerawork (I thought the ””doomsday””’ fight in BvS was bad because of this) is actually good, you can tell what’s going on, Wonder Woman fights with a pretty brutal and balletic grace, I just love how she blocks bullets with her Gauntlets, so that’s that covered. (obviously there’s a final fight, it’s okay, better than Superman vs Zod which admittedly isn’t saying a lot).

So she was the undeniably best part of BvS, and she’s made the first actual well reviewed DC movie which is all about just her, go figure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar