Home » Topic » Should console players be able to use a keyboard/mouse during competitive gaming

Should console players be able to use a keyboard/mouse during competitive gaming

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums [Nude]Clan [Nude]Clan Show Discussion Should console players be able to use a keyboard/mouse during competitive gaming

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ChaseVsGame 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kaleb Schweiss
    Keymaster

What do you think? Ye? Ney?

Alastor

No, the pad players would get destroyed.

Jacob Wright
    Participant

it depends on the type of game. Some controller players in Fighting tournaments have pulled of miracles.

Cory Bonsack

Just like the kids you use to bitch about the power glove giving an unfair advantage. If you think that you can’t beat me at California Cruisin’ because I am using a powerglove than go get your own. I think that if Keyboard/mouse gives someone an advantage and it bothers you then go get your own.

I have the same policy about performance enhancing drugs in Sports. I think athletes should be forced to take them. I want my sports to be more like the video games.

abrack
    Participant

I don’t think it’s the end of the world either way. Maybe some hidden match-making algorithm behind the scenes can try to keep all the KB+M console users and pad players in separate pools, if there are enough players to do so. If not… Tough luck controller dudes, you’re gonna get 360YoloScoped every once in a while.

ChaseVsGame

It only matters if you are playing a tournament that involves money. I know there are probably tournaments where they allow less fixed-variables; however, a proper tournament should have everything be the same so that when someone wins, it was solely based on their skill and not a technological advantage. Thus, outside of any tournament, anything goes.

To make a simple counter-argument that I leave as a question. There are so many ways people can play games now and different devices for multi-platform. Does a tournament reduce the skill level of entrants if they force only one way to play the game?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar