Home » Topic » Review scores

Review scores

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kaleb Schweiss 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Skoll Hati

Do you ever feel like the other members’ scores change your score? What is your opinion on privately giving scores for games before the review episode? You would still be able to change it if another members point of view genuinely changes your opinion, but would still somewhat hold you to your score.

Rudrose
    Participant

Personally this doesn’t effect me. The YouTube show Extra Credits did an episode on this called The Anchoring Effect. You should look that up. But no I can read other people’s thoughts and accept them, that’s never changed my perception of something I have already experienced.

abrack
    Participant

I think it has to have an effect, even if it’s just subconscious. “Yeah, I agree with most of what you said, I guess I’ll give it an 8 too.” Obviously if you strongly disagree you’ll have no problem giving a different score but if it’s close I can definitely see the group vote influencing scores.

Alastor

That’s what you get for using such an arbitrary system anyway. :^)

Kaleb Schweiss
    Keymaster

The only thing that really matters is the end, where we say whether or not we recommend the game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar