Home » Topic » Question from us to Dylan

Question from us to Dylan

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  D-Rom0826 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

D-Rom0826

I like the new segment guys. Here is my answer to your question. I pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Amazon for Wii U as soon as it got a solid release date. I had no intention of purchasing a Switch at launch after suffering through massive game droughts on the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U. The day of the Switch’s launch, my order for the Wii U version of Zelda arrived. During the early hours of the next morning, I was checking out prices for the Switch (out of curiosity) and saw the only ones available were going for around $500 dollars. It reminded me of the Wii’s launch, because of the inflated prices and the availability. The Wii could not be found anywhere for at least the first year of its life cycle and was $500+ online. I figured if I could track down a Switch for a decent price, I could resell it and make some money, or at least would have one and wouldn’t have to worry about finding it later. I continued browsing and happened to find a listing on Walmart.com for the standard $300 dollars. Seeing this as a great opportunity, I went ahead and purchased it. The problem with this decision is that if I decided to keep it (which I did), that I wouldn’t have a game to play for quite some time. I had just gotten Zelda for Wii U and was not willing to shell out another $50 dollars for the same game on the Switch. Two months later, I just picked up my first game for the console, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Was my decision to buy a Switch worth it? As of right now, probably not. Do I regret my purchase? Not at all.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar