Home » Topic » PSP needs a new battery

PSP needs a new battery

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums Miscellaneous! Random PSP needs a new battery

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  delraypete 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

delraypete
    Participant

My brother just gave me his old PSP and a bunch of games I have wanted to play but never have.
    Unfortunately the battery is no good, and it seems sony does not sell them any more.

Anyone have experience buying a new aftermarket battery?
    I also need to buy a charger..

Shinryu
    Participant

Don’t buy any non Sony brand ones they are usually really bad quality.
    I suggest going on Amazon or Ebay and trying to find a seller for a NEW sealed original Sony PSP battery for your model. Make sure its a 1000, 2000 or 3000 model first.

delraypete
    Participant

I did a bit of followup research, and it seems like even original Sony PSP batteries are no good, at this point they are too old and usually swollen.

The non Sony brand ones are, as you said, really bad quality.

What seems to be the best recommended solution is to use a portable charger, like you might use for your phone, and a usb to DC.

This results in you having to carry around an external batter in your pocket as you play, which for me, is not too bad. Most of my playing will be at home anyway.

USB to DC cable

example of charger

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar