Home » Topic » My wife bought me a switch for Christmas – Should I return it for a PS Vita?

My wife bought me a switch for Christmas – Should I return it for a PS Vita?

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums Ultima Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Discussion My wife bought me a switch for Christmas – Should I return it for a PS Vita?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Nick 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mad axes
    Participant

I’m torn and looking for some advice. I’m mostly interested in playing RPGs and only play during my 90 min train commute each way to work, so there’s no benefit of playing on a big screen. I also like the idea of having the backwards compatibility to play old FF games and other RPGs.

With this being said, is there any reason to keep the Switch? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Cory

The Vita is dead and you will not get new games on it. I guess it has a big catalog but I mostly use mine for remote play and the seldom PS+ game I find interesting.

I haven’t played the switch yet and probably will never buy one but some of the stuff looks really cool.

Raistlin Mustaine

Keep the switch and try and find a cheap second hand vita imo. I want a vita for the same reason you do but don’t wanna pay that much for something dead.

JayHelton
    Participant

Keep the switch! Never trade in a new system for an old system, in my opinion.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

There are rpgs coming to switch eventually so you might as well hang on to it. Vita is fine and getting cheaper so grab one later if it’s still something you want.

abrack
    Participant

Keep the Switch for sure! The Vita is dead, the Switch has good games on it currently and is going to be flooded with good games in the future due to how popular it is.

A good RPG for the Switch was just released, Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It already has I Am Setsuna and will be getting Lost Sphear and Project Octopath Traveler next year. There are lots of rumors about various Tales games getting announced (should be soon, there’s a Tales event this month). Dragon Quest 11 was announced for Switch a long time ago, Dragon Quest Builders 1 and 2 are coming next year. There’s a new Fire Emblem and Pokemon coming in the next year or two, and there’s bound to be FF games soon. Shin Megami Tensei 5 is releasing on Switch too.

Oh, and EVERYONE should play Zelda: Breath of the Wild, even if you don’t consider it an RPG.

abrack
    Participant

And if you have any interest in any indie games, Switch is the best / sometimes only way to play them on your commute. Games like Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 1 and 2, Golf Story, Super Meat Boy, Snipperclips, Axion Verge, Towerfall, Battle Chasers Nightwar, Oxenfree, etc.

Alastor

Tradingin a Switchfor a Vita seems insane to me, that is serously ripping yourself off imo.

krinital

keep the switch. it will have a bigger catalog in the future and there will be some ff games coming in the future so its a good thing to have.

Nick
    Participant

Keep the switch. I have similar playing habits and spend a lot of time on vita playing through a back log of RPGs but you’ll pick up a vita sometime for cheap if you keep an eye out. Switch is just getting started.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar