Home » Topic » IGN Top 100 RPGs

IGN Top 100 RPGs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Skoll Hati 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fruff
    Participant

Has anyone had a chance to look at this yet? Anything stand out as odd?

For me, I was surprised how low Final Fantasy VII was. I know IGN hates on it quite a bit, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but 52/100? A little surprising.

I was also surprised about how high Secret of Mana was. I love that game, but a lot of the game was cut so I feel some story elements are choppy and character motivations are not always clear. I think it deserves to be on the list, but top 10? Seems a bit high.

No argument from me on #1, I think Chrono Trigger is a perfect RPG.

What does everyone else think?

IGN Top 100 RPGs

graphophobic
    Participant

As always with huge lists like these, I feel like it’s very difficult to actually compare some of its items in a meaningful manner. For example, one spot above FF VII they put Stardew Valley. While that may be a very fun game in itself, it is so totally different from FF VII in both style and gameplay that it’s kinda like saying my car is better than your washing machine – a statement you can’t really argue with but that doesn’t mean much in the end.

Shinryu
    Participant

Not a fan of it. They are missing a lot of great games

metunnica
    Participant

Vagrant Story is 9th!!!! really!!! not a grate list IMO. No wild Arms for a start.

Skoll Hati

Totally agree with graphophobic, with these lists they’re all great games and the order is just a matter of personal preference mostly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar