Home » Topic » Gaming Journalists

Gaming Journalists

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aforextreme 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

King Zilla

Hey Guys,

With the sad news of the death of John Bain, aka Totalbiscuit, just wanted to know if there are any game journalists/writers/content creators that you all follow and enjoy listening/watching their content? TB was a very popular games journalist/reviewer who’s opinions were well regarded in the industry. For me personally, I like Jim Sterling, Yahtzee (Zero punctuation) and ACG (angry centaur gaming) for my news and reviews of games.

Keep up the good work guys.

Aforextreme
    Participant

You might like the guys at Giant Bomb; I used to listen to their Bombcast but eventually had to drop it for a few personal reasons, but you might like them. They’re usually tell-it-like-it-is and don’t pull punches.

They’re not game journalists, but I find myself agreeing with a large chunk of the opinions of the Super Best Friends. They get really in-depth on certain subjects like fighting games, anime, and action games. Normally they’re let’s-players, but they have a podcast that I’d easily recommend.

Quick few other YouTube shout-outs: OneyPlays is irreverent fun, Dunkey is pretty funny, Mark Brown does a fantastic in-depth game mechanic analysis series called Game Maker’s Toolkit, and RetroAhoy has a fantastic series of professional-level gaming documentaries on his channel.

I mean honestly, I was so glad to find Nude Clan/UFF because while I don’t agree with everything the guys say, their delivery is down-to-earth and their refusal to hold back or walk on eggshells was such a breath of fresh air for me, so right now they’re my current favorite in this category.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar