Home » Topic » Final Fantasy 15 Discussion (SPOILERS)Page 4

Final Fantasy 15 Discussion (SPOILERS)

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums Ultima Final Fantasy Final Fantasy Discussion Final Fantasy 15 Discussion (SPOILERS)

This topic contains 73 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Stolas 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author

Alastor

Playing Lightning Returns right now and it’s almost laughable at how much better that game ties the sidequests into the story in that game over this one, I didn’t think I could think any lower of XV’s sidequests but XIII-3 of all games managed to do it.

SuckMyCockatrice

I know that every final fantasy has the black mage, the summoner, the dude that throws shit, and I was so bummed out about there being no white mage in the game.

Until I thought about it and the white mage was actually ardyn. Mind fucking blown, eh?

Gagezilla04
    Participant

I briefly read over this as I haven’t played through the ruins and didn’t want to ruin (pun intended) yet but this seems pretty interesting.

Pitioss Ruins; REVELATIONS from FFXV

Gagezilla04
    Participant

Sorry about the full post of that article, was just trying to post the link and I can’t seem to find a way to edit/delete post.

Stolas
    Participant

Wow. That definitely adds so much depth. And now looking at the Rock of Ravatough in a way it makes sense. The developers did a similar thing with the island that Noctis reappears on (it’s being Bahamut’s hand). If only it wasn’t a theory. All they would have to do is a few disembodied voiceovers (Bahamut or Ifrits) in Pitioss to prove this.

Gagezilla04
    Participant

I read just enough to peak my interest and as this involves 2 of my favorite things (wild theories and of course FF) I have once again put off another game I was planning on tackling this weekend to finish all the super dungeons of FFXV.

Shinryu
    Participant

sounds really cool

Gagezilla04
    Participant

I found something before Shinryu?!?!?! I just had a WHOA moment to rival Keanu Reeves.

Stolas
    Participant

@Gagezilla04 I find this video t be a better explanation of Pitioss. My issue with the theory is that it doesn’t connect with the rest of the story.

Stolas
    Participant

*My issue with the theory THAT WAS POSTED EARLIER is that it doesn’t connect with the rest of the story.

Alastor

I still can’t believe Kaleb went through all those shitty Menace dungeons and quit before Pitioss, it’s so different that I don’t think you can say you’re done with the game until at least trying it, I know in the last (well last for me) UFF podcast Joe was inquiring out how that works with the way jumping and shit feels in this game and I don’t think it’s quite as bad as you think, only really a few jumps I thought were ridiculous.

Gagezilla04
    Participant

Nice, I love reading/watching this kind of stuff. Even if it is complete crap, just seeing how someone tries to string things together is always fun.

Stolas
    Participant

So to clear that earlier up theory that went way overboard when interpreting the story of Pitioss

Taken from a loading screen from Gladiolus DLC:

“Long ago, the traitorous Ifrit waged war with the Hexatheon. Many moons passed as the embittered battle raged on, cumulating in a clash between Bahamut and Ifrit in which the latter was laid asunder atop the Rock of Ravatogh. . Taeplar Crag, the grand gorge dividing Duscae and Clegnie, exemplifies the severity of the War of the Astrals while also symbolizing the rift that separated the Six.”

So clearly it is Ifrit’s horns that we see on Ravatogh. Yet there is no indication/ unlikely that the other part is Eos.

Side note- the entrance for Gladio’s DLC area is located behind the Taelpar Rest Area. As of now it’s a dead end path that’s filled with 5 or 6 Courels. I remember first going over there, getting my ass handed to me. I thought “well, there has to be a pretty amazing treasure at the end of this considering how hard it is.” Nope. Just a Moon Pendant. I was pissed.
    Also Gilgamesh is waaaaaaaayyyyyy different in this installment. If any of you are curious there is a 15 min playthrough of Episode Gladio: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/03/watch-15-minutes-final-fantasy-xv-episode-gladiolus-gameplay/

Alastor

Glad I didn’t buy that Season Pass.

Raistlin Mustaine

So I just finished that game and sadly like most important disappointed. I am 80 hours in, need a couple trophies to platinum and I’m done. At first playing I was enjoying it alot, the world looked nice, the car was fun and the battle system started off great…..the romance soon ended. The battle system hardly ever evolved! It got a little better with ascension points but nothing badass that made it worth it, it became stale. And also so far I was able to use 2 summons…..fun. Like most I hate being the party healer. The game just needed more! I was OK with doing a thousand side quests but figured the rewards would eventually be worth, and I did way more than necessary for the trophy. Also I was doing every damn hunt because I thought it was a trophy but most of them were a waste of time as well.

The ending was lame. I hardly had any attachment to the villian, the emperor and Ravus could have been fleshed out more. Ardyn was super easy to beat and kept waiting for more.

I did enjoy the train ( Biggs and Wedge ftw) and chapter 13 wasn’t bad either. The game had great potential but I only give it a 6/10. My least fav FF thus far.

I’m looking forward to the remaster of FFXII though! It’ll be my first playthrough. Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar