Home » Topic » Ethical question for everyone

Ethical question for everyone

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Skoll Hati 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

fruff
    Participant

Ok, so I work for a large national mortgage company and they just started to offer employees $100 a month if you do not park your car on the premises. I have been here three years, and I literally do not socialize with anyone outside of my department. I looked at the form we have to sign to get the $100, and all they ask is that you sign your name. We aren’t giving our license plate numbers, or make and model of our car or anything like that. No one in HR knows who I am, and when I come and go I am usually alone in the parking lot. I cannot see how the hell they will enforce this. Looks like they are using the honor system here.

If I sign the document and take the $100, am I an asshole?

Hat
    Participant

It sounds like your company is trying to charge for parking to it’s employees, but without saying the word “charge”. Want a nice parking spot? Pay $100/mth, want to walk a mile and a half? Don’t pay $100. It’s like when people get excited to get tax returns from the IRS.. of your own money.

As long as you can’t get fired over it, go for it!

Cory Bonsack

Without a question I would take the $100. I’ll walk all day for $100. I would only park on premise if I am sure they won’t find out.

Reathomus

A honour system is a honour system, up to you on whether you want to abide by it. I’m not sure if 100 bucks a month is worth the worry of being caught everytime you walk out of your car in the car pack.

abrack
    Participant

I wouldn’t go as far as to say you’re an asshole, but I think you already know that’s ethically not the right thing to do. Plus, depending on how strict your company is you could be at risk of losing your job (or having to pay a shit load of money back) if you get caught down the line. Doesn’t seem worth the risk to me. If the extra money sounds nice, find somewhere else to park, public transportation, car pool, etc.

fruff
    Participant

I am torn. They literally don’t know who I am or what I look like so I have NO IDEA how they will monitor this. I would love an extra $100 a month though….

Skoll Hati

I’d do it. If you get caught just say you changed your mind and ask to be taken off the list lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar