Home » Topic » Consumption Hog Ruling

Consumption Hog Ruling

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Lennon 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rob Lennon
    Participant

I wanted to know if I could get a special ruling for the Consumption Hog. I am an independent game designer. My medium is cards and dice, and my games are sports related (although I have one fantasy game in the development stage). This is not an attempt to promote my site. I will send each of the hosts a link to my website via twitter. If anyone else is interested, they can either send me a message here or reach out via twitter @diggindeepgames.

I currently have eleven different games, spanning eight different sports. Due to the nature of this niche hobby, seasons are created at least once every year (Similar to how EA Sports or the ‘2k’ series pumps out new games every year). Normally, over the course of a year, I can pump out about six to ten seasons across my entire game library. Could me releasing a new season (or new game) be counted towards the consumption hog?

When I am not reading, watching TV/Movies, or playing games with my free time…I am putting in the legwork to compile the sports data, create the cards, and release new product. In a sense, it can be considered consumption. If interested, we can discuss further via twitter or here. Thanks for reading this, and keep up the great work!

Rob

abrack
    Participant

Hmm, I think you could argue creating something is the opposite of consumption… But if you played through a full season, either in testing or after release, you could probably still count it.

Rob Lennon
    Participant

Agreed. However, the ‘consumption’ is the consuming of data across several different sports data sites. In one soccer (or basketball) season, I’ll create cards for an average of 400 players. For baseball, hockey, and American football, it’s about an average of 1,000 players.

My thoughts are that doing the research needed to create and release one season of player cards (regardless of sport) is similar to watching a full TV series, in talks of consumption.

Just my two cents. I’d love to participate more in the hog. It’s just that a good chunk of free time for me is used consuming a media that isn’t specifically listed here. Just wanted to get the guys (and forums) take on it. Thanks!

Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar