Home » Topic » audio book narrators/ book suggestions?

audio book narrators/ book suggestions?

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums [Nude]Clan Questions for the Show audio book narrators/ book suggestions?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cory 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

blackmagejustin

Do you guys have a favorite audio book narrator? Also I work in a machine shop and listen to alot of audio books/podcasts. What are your favorite audio books? I have about 9 1/2 to 10 hours a day so I usually go through a book series in a couple weeks. So I will take it all just let me know what the genre is so I know what I’m getting into. Favorite geners are sci fi,fantasy,horror and especially post apocalyptic. By the way favorite narrator has got to be Nick Podehl mostly for his JDAtE and this book is full of spiders performance.

kcraigf
    Keymaster

Gonna partial answer this one real quick. The once and future king is an amazing audio book. Neville Jason is the best. Also the voice acted American gods by Neil gaiman is really awesome.

CrimsonCommand
    Participant

@blackmagejustin @kcraigf Neil Gaiman also does Norse Mythology which was really well done as well as really interesting. He’s a good voice for an audiobook. Have you listened to books where the readers attempt the opposing genders voice? For me it’s distracting but what do you guys think?

kcraigf
    Keymaster

Literally just picked that up. The only answer to that question would be it depends on the reader. Because Neville Jason is fantastic and made the book that much more entertaining. Where as I don’t think Michael Kramer who reads the male parts for wheel of time does that great a job for females.

blackmagejustin

One of the first audiobooks I listened to a couple years ago was Scott siglers Infected. The writer himself narrarated the book and let’s just say and the end of the book he apologized for his female voice. But at least he tried ID rather them try to do a voice for everyone then have the same voice for every person it just feels more alive.

CrimsonCommand
    Participant

I agree, I’ve listened to female narrators and it’s the same thing. They always go the extreme route and make it really deep or really high. It’s funny, but if you are listening to a book like Fahrenheit 451, it just kind of takes you out of the experience.

Cory

The Lincoln Lawyer series written by Michael Connelly and read by Adam Grupper is my favorite audio book series. They are very well written books.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar