Home » Topic » A Kings Tale! Your reviews and Questions HERE!

A Kings Tale! Your reviews and Questions HERE!

Geekdom Entertainment Network Forums Forums Ultima Final Fantasy Questions from us to you! A Kings Tale! Your reviews and Questions HERE!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  old man flippy flopp 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Joseph DeGolyer
    Keymaster

Keep le reviews brief please…

Shinryu
    Participant

Even though this beat em up doesn’t compare to stuff like Final Fight, Streets of Rage or Double Dragon do you think Square Enix should revisit this in the future for other games? How would you feel about an FF7 Cid beat em up or something?

Rob Lennon
    Participant

The best part about this game is that is what a gateway game for my ten year old to get into FF.

As he would encounter certain enemies, I would give him a background and strategy.

My son now knows about Flans, Bombs, and Tonberrys. When he sees me play any other FF game and a Tonberry appears, he yells, ‘Watch out for his knife, Dad! It kills you every time’

He beat this game all on his own. I guess I need to submit that for Hog Points.

All in all, I recommend it for a few hours of FF themed beat em up fun. And you can’t argue with the price.

Rob

Having heard this game wasn’t great, it came as a pleasant surprise when I found it to actually be quite fun, addictive, and charmingly presented. Part of the appeal for me is the double-dose of nostalgia: remembering those childhood days of Double Dragon and Streets of Rage, while also battling the classic FF enemies we know and love. The story definitely takes a backseat to the combat, but that seems appropriate for this type of game. The gradual addition of new abilities and monsters throughout story mode is enough to keep the combat interesting, and the dream battles seem a decent enough challenge. All in all I think it’s a nice addition to the FFXV universe and serves well as fan service (Ultros strikes again).

Questions:
    – How do you feel about the game including trophies but no platinum?
    – Which of the enemies did you find the biggest pain in the ass? (for me it’s probably those pesky golden cactuars)

I like Shinryu’s idea of Square Enix returning to the beat-em-up for future FFs – it’d be great to have a longer game like this that supported multiplayer. If they suddenly announced tomorrow that they were changing the FF7 remake to a side scrolling beat-em-up, I’d probably be okay with that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar